BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
Published : 14 Aug 2018, 14:03
Defending champions Bangladesh U-15 women’s football team emerged as group B champions as they beat Nepal by 3-0 goals in their last group match of the in the SAFF U-15 Women’s Championship held on Monday at Changlimithan Football Stadium in Bhutan.
Bangladesh will take on group A runners-up Bhutan in the second semi-final following the first semi-final between India and Nepal.
India, which emerged as Group A champions after drubbing Sri Lanka 12-0 in their opening group match and edged past Bhutan 1-0 in their second match, will now meet group B runners-up Nepal in the first semifinal. Both the semi- finals are scheduled to be held on August 16 at the same venue. The final and is slated on August 18.
On the other hand, with the day’s defeat against Bangladesh, Nepal finished group B runners-up after a 4-0 victory over Pakistan in their Group B opening encounter.
In the day’s match, Tohura Khatun put Bangladesh ahead in the injury time of the first half while after the resumption, Maria Manda doubled the lead for her team in the 51st minute.
Sajeda Khatun sealed the victory scoring the third goal for Bangladesh in the 67th minute of the match.
Earlier, The girls in red and green got off to a flying start got off to a auspicious start Bangladesh were off to a start in the Championship as they thrashed Pakistan 14-0 in their group opening match of the championship. Thanks to Shamsunnahar for her hat-trick with five goals that gave Bangladesh a big margin of victory.
Bangladesh U-15 squad: Mahmuda Akter, Rupna Chakma, Rupa Akter, Akhi Khatun, Anai Mogini, Nazma Khatun, Nilufa Yasmin Nila, Ilamoni, Shaheda Akter Ripa, Anuching Mogini, Rehana Akter, Maria Manda, Monika Chakma, Laboni Akter, Tahura Khatun, Munni Akter, Shamsunnahar, Sohagi Kisku, Rituporna, Sajeda, Shamsunnahar Jr, Rojina and Nousun.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors