A promising footballer life cut short
Published : 27 Sep 2017, 12:58
Sabina Yasmin, a ninth grader of Kalshindur Govt. School and College and a footballer of the national women's under-15 team, died of fever in Dhobaura, Mymensingh in the early hours of Tuesday.
The promising footballer was suffering from fever for the last three days. After her condition worsened yesterday afternoon, she was rushed to the Dhobaura Health Complex where doctors pronounced her dead.
Dr Waiz Uddin Faraji, health and family welfare officer of the health complex, said Sabina had already died on the way to the hospital.
It has been learnt that her family members gave her paracetamol tablets to ease the fever, but she did not complain about anything other than the illness.
Mahdi Hasan, upazila nirbahi officer (UNO) of Dhobaura rushed to the spot and arranged the means for sending the dead body to her village home.
Sabina's namaz-e-janaza will be held on Wednesday morning before her burial at her family graveyard.
Bangladesh national women's team coach Golam Rabbani Choton informed The Daily Star that Sabina was in the preliminary squad of the under-15 team that is supposed to start training today for December's SAFF U-15 Women's Championship soon. A right-wing player, Sabina was also in the preliminary squad of the AFC Regional U-14 Championship Qualifiers in 2015 in Tajikistan where Bangladesh had emerged champions.
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link