PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
Published : 20 Aug 2018, 15:07
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today received two international awards given by the UNICEF in recognition to her government’s campaign against early marriage.
The awards are: the Accolade Global Film Competition 2017 Humanitarian Award for Outstanding Achievement and the Accolade Winner Award of Excellence End Child Marriage.
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki and Secretary of the Ministry Nasima Begum handed over the two awards to the premier at the outset of the weekly cabinet meeting held at the Prime Minister’s Office here this morning.
- Most viewed
- Befitting reply awaits Padma Bridge “conspirators”: Prime Minister
- Female UP member dies as sharee gets tangled with wheel in Sylhet
- Prime Minister leaves for Saudi Arabia today
- Maha Saptami being celebrated
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- Durga Puja begins today
- Prime Minister to leave for KSA tomorrow