15 quotes on Mothers by popular personalities
Published : 13 May 2018, 18:46
International Mother’s Day is a celebration honouring mothers and motherhood is celebrated every year on second Sunday of May. Though the entire year is not enough to express our love and care for her, it is great to have at least a day dedicated entirely to her. Let her feel like a queen and get a much-deserved break from all her ‘mummy’ duties. Block the entire day for your dearest mom, be it a spa date or a shopping outing – anything she loves. Words are never enough to express our feeling and gratitude towards our mom.
On the occasion of International Mother’s Day, we have compiled a list of quotes on Mothers by popular personalities. Here we go.
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.
– Oprah Winfrey, American Media Proprietor
I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.
– Mitch Albom, Author
A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.
– Princess Diana, Princess of Wales
It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?
– Mahatma Gandhi
Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.
– George Eliot, Novelist
The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
– Theodore Hesburgh, Priest
My mother is a walking miracle.
– Leonardo Dicaprio, American Actor
The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.
– Jodi Picoult, Writer
My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.
– Michael Jordan, Basketball Player
As my mom always said, ‘You’d rather have smile lines than frown lines.’
– Cindy Crawford, American Model
My mom is my hero. [She] inspired me to dream when I was a kid, so anytime anyone inspires you to dream, that’s gotta be your hero.
– Tim Mcgraw, American Singer
I would say that my mother is the single biggest role model in my life, but that term doesn’t seem to encompass enough when I use it about her. She was the love of my life.
– Mindy Kaling, American Actress
My mother has always been my emotional barometer and my guidance. I was lucky enough to get to have one woman who truly helped me through everything.
– Emma Stone, American Actress
She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great – but how to laugh through it.
– Liza Minellie, American Actress
They are not kidding when they say that mothers are strong women. We need to be strong in more ways than our children will ever know.
– M.B. Antevasin, Author
- Most viewed
- Befitting reply awaits Padma Bridge “conspirators”: Prime Minister
- Female UP member dies as sharee gets tangled with wheel in Sylhet
- Prime Minister leaves for Saudi Arabia today
- Maha Saptami being celebrated
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- Durga Puja begins today
- Prime Minister to leave for KSA tomorrow