Woman killed falling off motorbike in city
Published : 07 Oct 2018, 18:28
A woman was killed falling off a running motorcycle in Jatrabari Dhal area in Dhaka on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Halima Begum, 28, wife of Babul Mia, hailing from Muksedpur in Gopalganj district.
Witnesses said Halima was travelling on the pillion seat of her brother’s motorbike. At one stage, she fell off the motorcycle around 9am and sustained injuries being hit by another motorcycle.
She was rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Halima succumbed to her injuries while undergoing treatment there around 11:30am, said SI Bacchu Mia of DMCH Police Camp.
- Most viewed
- Befitting reply awaits Padma Bridge “conspirators”: Prime Minister
- Female UP member dies as sharee gets tangled with wheel in Sylhet
- Prime Minister leaves for Saudi Arabia today
- Maha Saptami being celebrated
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- Man sentenced to death in Khagrachhari for wife’s murder
- Indian minister sues woman alleging sexual harassment for defamation