Bangladesh girls put record 17 goals past Pakistan
Published : 01 Oct 2018, 12:38
Bangladesh U-18 Women’s team smartly reached the semifinal of the maiden SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship from Group B crushing Pakistan by 17-0 goals in their first appearance at the Changlimithang Stadium in Thimphu, Bhutan on Sunday evening.
They led the first half by 8-0 goals.
Sirat Jahan Shopna made double hat-trick scoring seven goals in the 10th, 30th, 44th, 62nd, 73rd , 76th and 90th minute minutes, Marzia made hat-tricks scoring four goals in the 7th, 13th, 22nd, and 71st minute while Sheuly Azim struck twice in the 32nd and 69th minute respectively.
Besides, captain Mishrat Jahan Mousumi, Akhi Khatun and Krishna Rani Sarker and Tohura Khatun netted one goal each for Bangladesh in the 37th, 58th, 74th and 87th minutes respectively.
With the day’s well merited victory, Bangladesh Women’s not only booked a seat for the semifinal from three-team Group B securing full three points with one match to spare against Nepal on Tuesday, but also improved the record of Bangladesh U-15 Women’s team’s 14-0 goals victory against Pakistan in the SAFF U-15 Championship in Bhutan last August.
Bangladesh Men’s team also beat Pakistan by 1-0 goals in the SAFF Championship in Dhaka early this month.
In the day’s Group A match, hosts Bhutan outplayed the Maldives by 13-0 goals at the same venue on Sunday.
Earlier in the Group matches last Friday, Nepal made a flying start crushing Pakistan by massive 12-0 goals while India also made a good start beating hosts Bhutan 4-0 on the opening day on the same venue.
- Most viewed
- Befitting reply awaits Padma Bridge “conspirators”: Prime Minister
- Female UP member dies as sharee gets tangled with wheel in Sylhet
- Prime Minister leaves for Saudi Arabia today
- Maha Saptami being celebrated
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- Indian minister sues woman alleging sexual harassment for defamation
- Man sentenced to death in Khagrachhari for wife’s murder