Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
Published : 25 Sep 2018, 13:03
Marta has been named the Best FIFA Women's Player ahead of Lyon duo Ada Hegerberg and Dzsenifer Marozsan.
The Brazilian forward picks up the accolade after captaining her country to Copa America glory.
It is the sixth time the 32-year-old has won the award, having won for five straight years from 2006 to 2010.
The Orlando Pride striker is regarded as one of the greatest female players of all time and holds the record for the most goals at the World Cup - with 15 strikes from 17 outings.
Though Hegerberg and Marozsan narrowly missed out, their coach Reynald Pedros picked up the Best FIFA Women's Coach award after steering Lyon to the French league and Champions League last season.
Lyon have been European champions for the past three years, while they have won the French title every year since 2006.
- Most viewed
- Man sentenced to death in Khagrachhari for wife’s murder
- Indian minister sues woman alleging sexual harassment for defamation
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Prime Minister to leave for KSA tomorrow
- Durga Puja begins today
- 15 October Events
- 15 October Births
- #MeToo India: Vinta Nanda alleges Alok Nath raped her
- Google Plus to close after bug leaks personal information
- Second nuclear plant to be constructed in Barisal: PM
- India's #MeToo comes amid calls for 2013 law's enforcement
- I don’t endorse this behaviour: Farah Khan on Sajid Khan’s #MeToo cases
- Priyanka heads for London to shoot The Sky Is Pink
- Neha Dhupia, Soha Ali come in support of Tanushree Dutta
- Mexican couple may have killed as many as 20 women
- Top reasons for joint pain during pregnancy