2 held for gang rape in Sylhet
Published : 11 Oct 2018, 13:24
A 14-year girl was reportedly gang-raped by four people in sadar upazila of Sunamganj on Tuesday.
Police arrested two people — bus driver Aniul Haque of Ikachai village in Jagannathpur municipality and Sunamganj bus-stop manager Burhan Uddin of Jagannatpur — in this connection on Thursday.
The victim hailing from Sonargaon village in Biswanath upazila went out of her home following a family feud and reached Jagannathpur municipality area on Tuesday, said sub-inspector Lutfar Rahman of Jagannathpur Police Station.
At one stage, she took shelter near a shop from where the culprits took the girl to Burhan Uddin’s house saying that they will help her reach her residence by a bus.
But, the accused along with two of their associates violated her whole night, leaving her severely injured.
Later in the morning, the victim went to the police station and disclosed the matter.
The girl was sent to Osmani Medical College Hospital medical check-up, said Naba Gopal Das, officer-in-charge of the police station.
- Most viewed
- Befitting reply awaits Padma Bridge “conspirators”: Prime Minister
- Female UP member dies as sharee gets tangled with wheel in Sylhet
- Prime Minister leaves for Saudi Arabia today
- Maha Saptami being celebrated
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- Indian minister sues woman alleging sexual harassment for defamation
- Man sentenced to death in Khagrachhari for wife’s murder