Prime Minister provides financial assistance to families of late players
Published : 07 Oct 2018, 18:14
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday provided Tk 1.82 crore as financial assistance for 12 families, including those of late footballer and hockey players, film actor, litterateur and persons critically injured in BNP-Jamaat violence.
The Prime Minister handed over cheques for the amount at her Tejgaon office in the city.
The recipients of the assistance include late footballer Monem Munna’s wife Yeasmin Munna, late hockey player Zahidur Rahman Pushkin’s wife Fahmida Rahman, late hockey star Jumman Lusai’s wife Puei Lusai, actor Sarwar Uddin Danyraj, poet and photographer Billal Hossain, and Jamal Pasha and Nurjahan who were injured in separate incidents of violence unleashed by BNP-Jamaat in Fatikchhari of Chattogram and Chapainawabganj respectively.
Sheikh Hasina provided the financial assistance from the PM’s Relief Fund to meet the treatment cost and bear the family expenditures.
- Most viewed
- Befitting reply awaits Padma Bridge “conspirators”: Prime Minister
- Female UP member dies as sharee gets tangled with wheel in Sylhet
- Prime Minister leaves for Saudi Arabia today
- Maha Saptami being celebrated
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- Indian minister sues woman alleging sexual harassment for defamation
- Man sentenced to death in Khagrachhari for wife’s murder