Honeypreet likely to surrender before court today
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 12:41
Dera Sacha Sauda chief and rape convict Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s ‘adopted’ daughter Honeypreet Insan is likely to surrender before the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Thursday. As quoted by Zee News, Honeypreet’s lawyer Pradeep Kumar Arya said that he has asked her to surrender today. “I told the person I was talking to on the phone to surrender herself,” Arya told Zee News.
This comes after the Delhi High Court on on Tuesday rejected the plea for anticipatory bail of Honeypreet Insan. The High Court had remarked Honeypreet should surrender first and then seek the bail.
The court had said, “How does this application come under jurisdiction of Delhi Court?” Replying to the question, her lawyer said Honeypreet is a resident of Delhi and apprehends she can be arrested. She has alleged that Drug mafia was threatening her consistently.
Honeypreet has been charged with sedition for her role in planning the August 25 Panchkula violence that had left 39 people dead. The violence in Panchkula had erupted after the CBI court convicted Ram Rahim in two rape cases. Ram Rahim was later sentenced to 20 years in jail. He has now appealed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court against the CBI Court’s verdict.
Honeypreet has been on the run since she was charged with sedition. On Tuesday, Panchkula Police had conducted raids at property of Dera Sacha Sauda in South Delhi. Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East) Romil Baaniya was quoted by ANI as saying, “Raids were conducted today morning at A-9 Greater Kailash with arrest warrant against Honeypreet. Later it was confirmed that she was not sighted here in the recent past nor she is staying here currently.”
- Most viewed
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final