Bangladesh U-16 women’s football team reach Thailand
Published : 09 Sep 2017, 18:10
A 26-member Bangladesh Under-16 Women's Football Team reached the Thai capital of Bangkok Friday afternoon to compete in the eight-team final round of the AFC U-16 Championship 2017 beginning in Chonburi Stadium in Thailand on Sunday.
Krishna Rani Sarker is leading the Bangladesh team comprises of 20 booters and six officials.
Bangladesh U-16 Women's football team are now staying at Bang Saen Heritage Hotel in Chonburi. After taking rest on Friday, they will make their practices on Saturday morning.
Bangladesh women's team have been placed in Group B of the prestigious Asian junior women's meet along with holders North Korea, Japan and Australia while the Group A comprises hosts Thailand, China, Korean Republic and Laos.
Bangladesh will start their campaign in the heavyweight Asian meet taking on defending champions Korea on Monday (September 11) at the Chonburi Stadium at 5pm local time.
In the remaining group matches, Bangladesh will play Japan on September 14 at IPE Stadium in Chonburi while meet Australia on September 17 in the last group match at the same venue.
Addressing a pre-tour press conference at the Bangladesh Football Federation office on Thursday, Bangladesh captain Krishna Rani Sarker said, "We aren't afraid.
We've to fight with what we have and we're determined to show a good performance."
The skipper and coach Golam Rabbani Choton vowed to present a competitive Bangladesh against the top ranked teams of the world.
Bangladesh women's team, which qualified for the final round of the Asian meet for the first time as the unbeaten champions of Group C eliminating Iran, Singapore, Kyrgyzstan, Chinese Taipei and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), have been groomed and nursed for a record timing of one year, spending more than Tk 3 crore.
On the way to clinching the Group C title, Bangladesh women's beat IR Iran 3-0, Singapore 5-0, Kyrgyzstan 10-0, Chinese Taipei 4-2 and the UAE by 4-0 goals in Dhaka last year.
As a part of their year long preparations, Bangladesh U-16 Women's team toured four Asian soccer giants' countries on five occasions to play preparatory matches there --twice in Japan and once each in Singapore, South Korea and China.
Bangladesh U-16 squad: Players- Krishna Rani Sarker (captain), Tahura Khatun, Maria Manda, Sirat Jahan Swapna, Ankhi Khatun, Namza, Mahmuda, Rumki, Masura Parvin, Sheuly, Anai Mogini, Nila, Shamsunnahar, Mishrat Jahan Mousumi, Sanjida, Marzia, Monika Chakma, Ishrat Jahan Rantna, Razia Khatun and Anuching Mogini.
Officials: Amirul Islam Babu (Team Leader), Zakir Hossain Chowdhury (Manager) Golam Rabbani Choton (Head Coach), Mahbubur Rahman Litu (Assistant Coach), Paul Thomas Samlley (Technical and Strategic Director) and Sabina Khatun (Women's Coach).
- Most viewed
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final