Three must-have food for good health
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 18:16
The many do's and don'ts about food may pose quite a challenge to many diet and health conscious people.
What to eat and drink and what to avoid is a perennial question for many. The many do’s and don’ts about food may pose quite a challenge to many diet conscious people. Some healthy food suitable for one may not be good for the other depending on the body metabolism and the health condition. The answer lies in moderation, a balanced diet and a regular fitness routine. However, inclusion of even a few of the must-have food would go a long way in nourishing the body.
Experts advice on food for optimum health
While plenty of water and high fibre diet is advisable for all, here are three must-have food items that will keep you healthy and strong in the face of any common sickness.
A bowl of oats
Oats are rich in dietary fibre and protein. It is also proven to manage cholesterol levels, maintain healthy body weight and reduce risk of blood sugar and diabetes. Have a bowl of oats with your favourite fruits and nuts mixed in it.
A dash of stevia
Replace your high calorie sugar with natural zero-calorie stevia. Stevia is obtained from natural herbs and does not contain artificial sweeteners. Stevia is also fat free, making it beneficial for diabetics and the weight conscious. Add Stevia to your daily cup of tea, coffee or any drink or dessert and enjoy its sweetness without having to worry about those extra calories!
A bowl of muesli
A bowl of muesli every day can change the game for you. Muesli is made with a healthy combination of wheat flakes, corn flakes, rolled oats, etc. It is high in fibre and protein and also rich in antioxidants. It aids in weight control as it keeps you fuller longer and prevent you from eating more.
- Most viewed
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final