Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
Published : 18 Sep 2018, 17:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi today jointly inaugurated the construction of Bangladesh-India Friendship Pipeline between Shiliguri in West Bengal and Parbatipur in Dinajpur.
They opened the work of the oil pipeline through a videoconference from their respective capitals this afternoon.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was addressing through the videoconference till filling the report around 5:15pm.
Officials said this pipeline will play an effective role in further strengthening the energy security of Bangladesh.
- Most viewed
- Man sentenced to death in Khagrachhari for wife’s murder
- Indian minister sues woman alleging sexual harassment for defamation
- Bangladesh set example of religious harmony, says PM
- Cabinet clears draft Broadcast Law, 2018
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Prime Minister to leave for KSA tomorrow
- Durga Puja begins today
- 15 October Events
- 15 October Births
- #MeToo India: Vinta Nanda alleges Alok Nath raped her
- Google Plus to close after bug leaks personal information
- Second nuclear plant to be constructed in Barisal: PM
- India's #MeToo comes amid calls for 2013 law's enforcement
- I don’t endorse this behaviour: Farah Khan on Sajid Khan’s #MeToo cases
- Priyanka heads for London to shoot The Sky Is Pink
- Top reasons for joint pain during pregnancy
- Neha Dhupia, Soha Ali come in support of Tanushree Dutta
- Mexican couple may have killed as many as 20 women