Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
Published : 19 Jan 2018, 12:30
A teenage girl allegedly committed suicide at Parnanduali village in sadar upazila following family feud over buying a smartphone on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Mita Khatun, daughter of Hasain Sheikh, a resident of Parnanduali village.
Quoting family members, police said Mita, a 1st year student of Magura Govt Mohila College, demanded a smartphone from her father.
As Mita’s tea seller father Hasan Sheikh couldn’t fulfill the demand due to poverty she locked into an altercation with him on Thursday night.
Family members entered her room breaking open the door only to see her hanging from the ceiling in the morning, said officer-in-charge of Magura Sadar Police Station Ilias Hossian.
An unnatural death case was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs