Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
Published : 19 Jan 2018, 12:30
A teenage girl allegedly committed suicide at Parnanduali village in sadar upazila following family feud over buying a smartphone on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Mita Khatun, daughter of Hasain Sheikh, a resident of Parnanduali village.
Quoting family members, police said Mita, a 1st year student of Magura Govt Mohila College, demanded a smartphone from her father.
As Mita’s tea seller father Hasan Sheikh couldn’t fulfill the demand due to poverty she locked into an altercation with him on Thursday night.
Family members entered her room breaking open the door only to see her hanging from the ceiling in the morning, said officer-in-charge of Magura Sadar Police Station Ilias Hossian.
An unnatural death case was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Man linked to reality TV star Bethenny Frankel found dead