Raped then beaten up for protesting
Published : 19 Oct 2017, 12:00
An alleged rape victim was beaten up and had her hair cut off when she and her husband went to the perpetrator's house in Rangpur on Sunday to protest.
The alleged rape took place on Saturday in Manthana area of Rangpur city and the matter came to light when the victim's grandfather filed a case with Rangpur Sadar Police Station on Tuesday.
Victim's family said Hasan Ali, 22, of the area entered the house of the housewife, aged 18, on Saturday evening when her husband was out and raped her.
When her husband returned the next day, she told him about the incident. The husband then took her to Hasan Ali's house to protest, when the suspect and his family beat her up and cut her hair off.
Locals rescued her and took her to Rangpur Medical College Hospital that night.
The victim is now being treated at the One Stop Crisis Centre of the RMCH.
Babul Mia, officer-in-charge of Rangpur Sadar Police Station, said police were trying to arrest the suspect.
Meanwhile, police arrested two people in connection with the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl in Puthia upazila of Rajshahi yesterday.
The arrestees are Mohammad Rony, 25, and Abdur Rahim, 45, of Paschim Jamia village, said Sub-inspector Motiur Rahman of Puthia Police Station.
Rony allegedly took the girl to a sugarcane field in the village around 8:00pm on Tuesday and raped her, said the police official.
Abdur Rahim noticed it and raped the girl again, he said.
Returning home, the girl told her parents of the matter. Her parents took her to Puthia Police Station where a case was filed against the two, said police.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests