Elderly woman killed in Bhola road crash
Published : 18 Oct 2017, 17:22
A woman was killed and 30 others were injured in a road accident in Bangla Bazar area on Bhola-Char Fashion road on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Amena Begum, 65, hailing from Anjur Haat of the upazila.
Fire service and witnesses said Bhola sadar-bound bus of Mosafir Paribahan from Char Fashion skidded off the road and fell into the roadside pond in the area around 9:00 am as its driver lost control over the steering, leaving an elderly woman dead on the spot and 30 other passengers injured.
On information, fire service team rushed to the spot and sent the injured to Bhola Sadar Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests