Elderly woman killed in Bhola road crash
Published : 18 Oct 2017, 17:22
A woman was killed and 30 others were injured in a road accident in Bangla Bazar area on Bhola-Char Fashion road on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Amena Begum, 65, hailing from Anjur Haat of the upazila.
Fire service and witnesses said Bhola sadar-bound bus of Mosafir Paribahan from Char Fashion skidded off the road and fell into the roadside pond in the area around 9:00 am as its driver lost control over the steering, leaving an elderly woman dead on the spot and 30 other passengers injured.
On information, fire service team rushed to the spot and sent the injured to Bhola Sadar Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs