Elderly woman killed in Bhola road crash
Published : 18 Oct 2017, 17:22
A woman was killed and 30 others were injured in a road accident in Bangla Bazar area on Bhola-Char Fashion road on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Amena Begum, 65, hailing from Anjur Haat of the upazila.
Fire service and witnesses said Bhola sadar-bound bus of Mosafir Paribahan from Char Fashion skidded off the road and fell into the roadside pond in the area around 9:00 am as its driver lost control over the steering, leaving an elderly woman dead on the spot and 30 other passengers injured.
On information, fire service team rushed to the spot and sent the injured to Bhola Sadar Hospital.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors