Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
Published : 17 Oct 2017, 18:00
The body of a teenage girl, who allegedly committed suicide on October 10, was exhumed for fresh autopsy on Tuesday.
Following a court order, the body of Rahima Akter Sonia, a student of Kazi Shahabuddin Girls’ School and College in Tetulia upazila, was exhumed in presence of Panchagarh UNO Sohrab Hossain, six days after the burial and sent to Panchagarh Modern Hospital.
Earlier, on Monday, Senior Judicial Magistrate Jahangir Alam of Cognigence Court-4 asked the authorities concerned to exhume the body of Sonia for conducting a fresh autopsy to know whether the girl was raped following a petition filed by police.
On October 10, Sonia, a class IX student, allegedly committed suicide after being raped and threatened by the rapists that the video footage of the rape incident will be released on the internet. They also threatened to kill her.
Later, Sonia’s mother filed a case with Tentulia Police Station.
Police arrested Mansur Alam Rajon, a ward boy of Tetulia upazila health complex and Atiqur Rahman Atique, an official of customer care of a mobile phone operator, for instigating the girl to commit suicide.
A court later sent the two arrestees to jail after rejecting their bail petitions in the case on Monday.
Different organisations formed human chain demanding exemplary punishment of the culprits.
- Most viewed
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs