Man gets death penalty for killing wife
Published : 17 Oct 2017, 11:43
A court here on Monday awarded death sentence to a man for strangulating his wife to death over family feud in 2016.
The convict is identified as Md Monir Hawladar, 35, son of late Mujibor Hawladar of Munshipara area of Daulatpur upazila.
Khulna Metropolitan Magistrate Court Judge Arup Kumar Goshami passed the order this morning while Monir was present in the dock.
According to the case statement, Monir strangulated his wife Rahima Begum to death over family feud on February 2 in 2016 and later surrendered to the Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors