Man gets death penalty for killing wife
Published : 17 Oct 2017, 11:43
A court here on Monday awarded death sentence to a man for strangulating his wife to death over family feud in 2016.
The convict is identified as Md Monir Hawladar, 35, son of late Mujibor Hawladar of Munshipara area of Daulatpur upazila.
Khulna Metropolitan Magistrate Court Judge Arup Kumar Goshami passed the order this morning while Monir was present in the dock.
According to the case statement, Monir strangulated his wife Rahima Begum to death over family feud on February 2 in 2016 and later surrendered to the Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
- Most viewed
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs