PM clears 10 urgent files from London
Published : 04 Oct 2017, 16:31
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now in London, digitally cleared 10 urgent files on Tuesday.
The premier reached the British capital of London on Tuesday morning local time (Bangladesh time afternoon) from Washington on her way back home wrapping up her 16-day official visit to the United States.
"The prime minister digitally disposed of 10 important electronic files (e-files) on Tuesday from London," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS over phone from the British capital this morning.
During her stay in the United States, he said, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina digitally cleared a total of 61 e-files.
The press secretary said the prime minister earlier instructed her office to send all the important files to her during her stay in the USA and the United Kingdom.
"Following the directives, officials concerned at the Prime Minister's Office are emailing urgent files to the premier, taking the advantage of the digitization initiatives of the present government under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina," he added.
The press secretary said during her stay in London, the prime minister is also keeping round-the-clock contact with her office in Dhaka and giving necessary directives to the officials concerned on different matters.
After staying in the British capital for three days, the prime minister will return home on October 7.
Sheikh Hasina reached New York on September 17 to join the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA).
After attending the UN's annual event in New York, she travelled to the US capital on September 22.
After staying in Washington for a week, she was scheduled to return home on October 2 via London.
But the date was deferred as the prime minister underwent a gallbladder surgery at a Washington hospital on September 25.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina