PM offers condolence at Las Vegas mass shooting
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 12:39
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has offered profound condolence at the tragic deaths of 59 people in a mindless and deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas, the USA on Sunday night.
In a message of condolence to US President Donald J. Trump shortly after the dastardly incident, the prime minister conveyed her heartfelt sympathy to the President, to the American people, and particularly to the members of the bereaved families.
Sheikh Hasina said: ‘We, the people of Bangladesh, stand by you at this difficult hour with our sympathy and support.’
‘We pray to the Almighty for the salvation of the departed souls, and the hundreds injured, quick and complete recovery,’ she said.
At least 59 people were killed and 525 others injured after a gunman opened fire Sunday night at a country music festival across the street from the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip, authorities said.
- Most viewed
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final