PM offers condolence at Las Vegas mass shooting
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 12:39
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has offered profound condolence at the tragic deaths of 59 people in a mindless and deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas, the USA on Sunday night.
In a message of condolence to US President Donald J. Trump shortly after the dastardly incident, the prime minister conveyed her heartfelt sympathy to the President, to the American people, and particularly to the members of the bereaved families.
Sheikh Hasina said: ‘We, the people of Bangladesh, stand by you at this difficult hour with our sympathy and support.’
‘We pray to the Almighty for the salvation of the departed souls, and the hundreds injured, quick and complete recovery,’ she said.
At least 59 people were killed and 525 others injured after a gunman opened fire Sunday night at a country music festival across the street from the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip, authorities said.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka