PM leaves Washington for London
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 11:13
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left Washington this morning Bangladesh time (Washington time 10:15 pm on Monday) for London en route home wrapping up her 16-day official visit to the United States.
"A United Airlines flight carrying the prime minister and her entourage members took off from Dulles International Airport in the US capital of Washington for London at 10:15 pm on Monday (Bangladesh time 8:15 am today)," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS over phone from Washington.
Bangladesh Ambassador to the USA Mohammad Ziauddin and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Masud Bin Momen saw the prime minister off at the airport.
The flight is scheduled to land at Heathrow International Airport in London at 10 am London time (3 pm Bangladesh time) today.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine will receive Sheikh Hasina at the airport.
After staying in the British capital for three days, the prime minister will return home on October 7. Sheikh Hasina travelled to the US capital from New York on September 22 after attending the 72nd UNGA session.
After staying in Washington for a week, she was scheduled to return home on October 2 via London.
But the date was deferred as the prime minister underwent a gallbladder surgery at a Washington hospital on September 25.
Sheikh Hasina arrived in New York on September 17 to join the UN's annual event.
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link