PM sings along to welcome Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 13:31
As the entire country celebrated the first day of the Bengali New Year yesterday, clad in bright colors, braving the heat and singing songs, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also did not hold back in the celebrations.
The premier and other leaders sang along to the tunes of Rabindra Sangeet. Her little stint was caught on camera and shared on social media network by State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim.
As Rabindranath’s prayer song “Anondo loke, mongola loke, birajo, sotto sundaro” rang through the airs, the PM was seen swaying along to the familiar tunes.
A program was arranged at the lawn of Gono Bhaban on the occasion of Bangla New Year 1424.
Greeting the country’s people as well as the Bangalis living across the world, the PM wished that the Bengali New Year will bring happiness, peace and progress for all.
On her arrival at the venue around 10:30 am yesterday, the prime minister was greeted with bouquets by the central leaders of Bangladesh Awami League, when Rabindranath Tagore's famous Baishakhi song ‘Esho Hey Baishakh Esho Esho’ was sung by artistes Subir Nandi, Lily Islam, Shama Rahman and others.
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link