Khaleda leads BNP in Bangabhaban talks
Published : 18 Dec 2016, 15:52
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) is the first political party to join the dialogue initiated by the president for reconstitution of the election commission ahead of the next general elections.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is set to lead her party's 13-member delegation during the talks with president Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban Sunday afternoon.
The dialogue initiative followed the BNP chief's placing of 13-point demand for formation of the commission and holding a free, fair and participatory generation election in the country next time.
The talks begin at Bangabhaban a month after Khaleda submitted the 13-point proposal.
The president's office later said the head of the state hold talks with all registered political parties in an apparent bid to form a search committee for reconstituting the election commission.
The current election commission expires in February 2017.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final