Khaleda leads BNP in Bangabhaban talks
Published : 18 Dec 2016, 15:52
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) is the first political party to join the dialogue initiated by the president for reconstitution of the election commission ahead of the next general elections.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is set to lead her party's 13-member delegation during the talks with president Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban Sunday afternoon.
The dialogue initiative followed the BNP chief's placing of 13-point demand for formation of the commission and holding a free, fair and participatory generation election in the country next time.
The talks begin at Bangabhaban a month after Khaleda submitted the 13-point proposal.
The president's office later said the head of the state hold talks with all registered political parties in an apparent bid to form a search committee for reconstituting the election commission.
The current election commission expires in February 2017.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors